Relocating is something that you already know is going to be stressful but you did not imagine that it is going to be like this. You are at a point wherein you are extremely unhappy about how the move went and you do not know what to do about it. There are a lot of people who are still unhappy with the moving company that they have picked.
The moving companies that people complain about may vary but there are some common reasons that people give such as the following:
- The shipment of the items is not given to people on the day of the move.
- The items have become lost while being shipped or have become damaged.
- The shipment of items has been delayed for a long time.
Being upset with the actions of a moving company should make you want to move at the soonest possible time. The longer you take before filing complaints about the moving company, the harder it will be for you in the long run. Just remember that filing a lawsuit sometimes is not the best solution especially if the moving company can also prove that you are at fault.
Choosing the right lawyer can be easy if you know someone who can help you with the case but if in case you don’t, you can think twice before filing a complaint. In the meantime, here are some things you can do:
- Take a look at the agreement that you have signed. It is always important that you read the fine print before signing any document. There may be some details there that you have overlooked that will be taken against you if you bring the case to court.
- Make sure that you will contact the company about the unhappy service you have received. A lot of moving companies will be more than willing to settle with you so that they can make up for your unhappiness regarding the service you have received. There are some guidelines in the contact again that will let you know when the company should be contacted.
- If the company is unwilling to assist you with the complaints, this is the time when you can file a legal complaint in court with the help of the right lawyer. Finding the right lawyer may be complicated. Find someone who specializes in cases that are similar to yours. It takes about 30 business days before an issue can be resolved.
- The company will surely give a settlement offer so that the case you have filed will be dropped but if in case you are unhappy with the final settlement, a third party will try to settle the issue between you and the moving company.
If you want to be happy with the moving company you are going to choose, you should pick out Toronto movers. You can expect that they will do their best in order to give you the services that you need. Check out the reviews that people have said about them. They make sure that costumers are satisfied with their services. Contact them now to get a free quote.